Did you know that over 90 percent of buyers are searching for a home online? Starting your home search online makes a lot of sense for multiple reasons.
But, are these 90 percent of future home buyers really successful in their search – or are they taking detours, wasting time with homes they won’t end up buying?
If you are one of these 90 percent, we have a few insider hints for you to make your home search successful!
- There is no need to use multiple websites! Most websites are connected to the MLS, the central database for home listings. They will show you every listing on the market - no matter if the listing is through Windermere, John L Scott, Keller Williams or another real estate brokerage. There is no need to switch between multiple websites!
- Instant alerts can help you to not miss a beat - especially in a hot market! You can create an instant alert on most databases and will be automatically notified about new listings. When you are pre-approved and are actually starting to actively search for and visit homes, in instant alert can help you to literarily get a foot in the door quickly: You are able to visit the home the same day it gets on the market!
- Map Search Tools will help you to identify properties in your price range in the area you would like to live in.
- When you are searching for a new home, a good school district can be an essential criterion for you. When researching for school district, tools like greatschools.org can help you finding the right school district for your location as well the rating for each school.
- Showing requests can be scheduled through the website you are using. In a hot market, it is essential to see the home as soon as possible - even on the same day! You can put in an offer as soon as possible, ideally before the weekend or an open house.
In 2018, the Novak Team at Keller Williams Everett helped over 218 families into a new home.
We are happy to help if you have any questions about your home search!